How would you like to win two Saturday tickets for the Lindisfarne festival? Enjoy headlining music acts against the backdrop of the historic Holy Island.
Summertime is festival time. Across England large music festivals take place. Usually the weather means that festival season is time for mud. This year things have been different with glorious sunshine, with the exception of last weekend.
Soon it will be time for the Lindisfarne Festival. Often compared to a mini Glastonbury, the festival will have over 150 acts on 9 stages over the weekend. Put the 30th Aug – 2nd Sept into your diary and go along.
Holy Island or Lindisfarne is an island off the Northumberland coast. The best way to get there is to go along the A1. You can only get to the island during low tide when the causeway is not underwater. It is a good idea to check the tide times before you go. Many people have been caught out by the rapidly rising tide by not allowing time to cross.
Holy Island is best known for its castle and priory. The castle is a 16th Century castle owned by the National Trust. The priory was founded by St Aidan and the Lindisfarne gospels were created here. English Heritage often run events over the summer. We went to one where we saw the Viking raids re-enacted.
Holy Island is well worth a visit, it is like stepping back in time.
Lindisfarne festival is the ultimate end of summer party. If you want to end the summer in style this is the place to do it. The festival takes place on on Beal Farm. It is a few miles off the A1 towards Holy Island and close to the Lindisfarne causeway. This creates a beautiful backdrop for the festival and it must be magical at sunset. The festival is now in its fourth year and is an event festival goers look forward to.
This year you can look forward to over 150 acts on 9 stages. Friday and Saturday headliners are the Happy Mondays and The Levellers. Other acts playing over the weekend include the Dub Pistols, Ferocious Dog, The Showhawk Duo, Skinny Lister, Holy Moly & the Crackers, Colonel Mustard & the Dijon and many more.
As well as live music you will find much more doing on. There will be comedy, alternative therapies, fire shows, street performers, chill out zones and much more. With the different stages, food and beer tent it looks like a cracking weekend.
Find full details of the festival on the website: https://www.lindisfarnefestival.com/
The event is for over eighteens.
Where can I get tickets for the Lindisfarne festival
You can buy tickets for the 2018 Lindisfarne festival on the website:
- Thursday – Sunday tickets including camping: £99
- Friday – Sunday tickets including camping: £89
- Saturday tickets including camping: £59
Alternatively you can enter my giveaway below to win two tickets for Saturday.
Win two Saturday tickets for the Lindisfarne Festival
Do you want to win two Saturday tickets for the Lindsifarne Festival? To enter the giveaway just make a comment below letting me know what you enjoy most about festivals. When you have done this come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget to confirm your entry. This is a mandatory entry. If you really want to win you can gain additional entries by subscribing by email, following on twitter, tweeting on twitter and visiting facebook. These are all optional entries.
- There are one prizes of two Saturday tickets for the 2018 Lindisfarne festival – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Lindisfarne Festival.
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm GMT on 15th August 2018
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook and instagram, tweet on twitter and subscribe by email. Subscribing by email means you will get an email notification of new blog posts.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 5 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
Lindisfarne Festival is responsible for prize fulfilment. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address and before the start of the festival. The winners address will be sent to Lindisfarne Festival to allow them to send out the prize.
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Lindisfarne Festival.
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions