Did you know that 57% of children aged between 7-11 years old are not able to swim? I find this disturbing as under the national curriculum all schools are required to teach children to swim a distance of 25 metres confidently. It is a skill that can save lives, you read so often of children and young people falling into rivers. If they can swim at least they have a chance to save themselves. In a bid to change this Swimshop are running a ‘Save a Life, Learn to Swim’ campaign. The Learn to Swim campaign sponsors Swimshop, swimming costumes and equipment online.
I love swimming, it is a relaxing sport. I made a point of taking my son to swimming lessons from an early age and it really paid off. He is now a confident swimmer and often wins at swimming galas at school. It is an activity the whole family can enjoy together.
If you have little ones who are learning to swim, I have a lovely giveaway from Swimshop for some equipment which will help them.
I would like to offer you and your readers a chance to win specialist children’s swimming equipment from Swimshop. Three readers can win a set of deluxe armbands and either a shark swimming float or a fish swimming float, shown in the picture above.
How do I win?
To enter the competition leave a comment on the blog below telling me where you would most like to go swimming. When you have done this come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget so that your entry is registered. This is mandatory. There are other entries available for following on twitter, visiting facebook and tweeting about the giveaway but these are optional.
- There are three prizes of a set of deluxe armbands and either a shark or a fish swimming float – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Swimshop
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm BST on 10th July 2015
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook and tweet on twitter
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Swimshop is responsible for prize fulfilment. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Swimshop
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions