Are you looking for a healthy lunch box snack? Get Fruity bars might be exactly what you are looking for. Filled with fruit and oats they are a delicious healthy treat at any time.
Isn’t it hard to find treats that your kids love that are not full of sugar? The unhealthy snack always has more appeal. Get Fruity bars may just change this. These bars are made in the UK and are packed full of real fruit and juice, oats and coconut oil. The combination makes a lovely juicy snack that is perfect for lunch boxes and treats. Even better they count towards one of your five a day and are good for you.
Get Fruity Bars
Get Fruity bars are the brainchild of Davina Whiteoak, a passionate foodie from Cornwall. Having spent 15 years developing and launching recipes for big brands she decided it was time to launch her own product and Get Fruity bars were born. The product is meant to be moist and juicy, the sort of snack that you can’t put down. Originally they came in three flavours, Scrumptious Strawberry, Moist Mixed Berry and Apricot and Orange & Ginger bars. Recently three new flavours have been added to the line up, Marvellous Mango, Radiant Raspberry and Tangy Pineapple and Coconut & Lime.
The aim of Get Fruity is to make bars that are full of flavour whilst being good for you. The bars are packed with real fruit and juice which gives the bars their sweetness. Other ingredients are virgin coconut oil and gluten free wholegrain oats which release slow burning energy into the body. This keeps you feeling full for longer.
Recently Get Fruity won the 2016 FreeFrom Food Award in the ‘Best Bar’ category. This is the second year running they have done this beating nine other finalists to obtain the award. The FreeFrom Awards are in their eighth year and are run by FreeFromFoodsMatter, the web’s most comprehensive resource for free-from food. The prestigious awards celebrate the innovation and imagination shown by the food industry in creating foods that are free of wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soya, sulphites and other allergens.
What do the Get Fruity Bars taste like?
I was surprised by the vibrant colours of the Get Fruity bars given that they contain no artificial colours. The range of reds, oranges and purples make them look appealing. Each bar has noticeable fruit pieces spread though out and they taste lovely. They are nice and sweet whilst being moist but not too moist. The bars did taste like the fruit they were made from. My favourites were the Coconut & Lime and the Tangy Pineapple. I think everyone will have their own favourite flavour.
The Get Fruity bars make a great snack, better for you than chocolate whilst still being sweet and delicious. They definitely help when you get that craving for chocolate and do keep you fuller for longer. My son loved them as well and has been asking for them in his packed lunch. The bars can be bought from Waitrose, Holland & Barrett, Ocado and the bars can be purchased directly from
Get Fruity Bar Giveaway
If you would like to try these bars why not enter my giveaway where you can win a box of 25 bars in a mixture of the different flavours? Entry is simple, just make a comment below letting me know what you like to pack in your lunchbox. I am always looking for new ideas. When you have done that come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget so your entry is registered. This is a mandatory entry. There are other entries for following on twitter and facebook, tweeting and subscribing to my email list but these are optional. Good luck!
- There are one prize of a box of 25 Get Fruity bars in mixed flavours – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Get Fruity
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm GMT on 11th Nov 2016
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook, tweet on twitter and subscribe by email.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Get Fruity is responsible for prize fulfilment. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Get Fruity
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
I was sent some Get Fruity bars to try but was not obliged to say anything nice. My opinions are my own.