When the weather is hot I never really feel like eating very much. Hot meals are not as appealing when the sun is shining outside. My husband still likes a cooked dinner but recently I have been serving hot meals along with potato salad and a green salad. Potato salad makes a ideal side dish along side many things, fish, chicken, steak and also a great accompaniment in a salad. It is also a perfect side dish for barbecues.
You can buy it but really there is no need as it is so simple to make. A fresh potato salad is really tasty and you can add herbs to give it a bit of zing.
This is the recipe I used, the ingredients are a bit random as I just used as much as I thought I would need. You can obviously add more or less depending how many you are cooking for and your personal taste.
Potato Salad with Chives and Onions
- Five potatoes. I used new potatoes and left the skins on. If you prefer to peel them that is fine.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Nine or ten chives
- Half an onion
- Chop the potatoes into small chunks and place in boiling water. Cook until they are soft but not falling apart.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and leave to cool
- Chop the chives and onion into small pieces
- Mix the onion and chives with the potatoes
- Add the mayonnaise and stir until the potatoes are covered.
- Place in a bowl and serve