I was recently tagged in a Meme by the lovely Cheryl at Madhouse Family Reviews and it looks like a really interesting challenge. The aim is to find out things that happened on your birthday so it was time to run off and find out. Strangely my birthday is the exact same day as Cheryl’s so the challenge was a little bit harder for me. The original Meme post is over at The Five F’s blog so if you do take part go and add your name to the linky there. She is trying to get a post for every day in the year, which will be fabulous when its finished.
When is your birthday?
Well that one was easy. My birthday is on the 28th October.
Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.
- Matt Smith – who was born in 1982. If you are an avid Dr Who fan then you will know him as the eleventh Dr Who.
- John Romero – who is a computer programmer. If you even spent your time as a youth playing Doom or Quake he is responsible for these games.
- Evelyn Waugh – a novelist who is best known for writing Bridehead Revisted.
Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year)? If so, what do you know about them?
There are three people listed as being born in the same year as me, 1966. They are:
- Andy Richter – who is an American comedian and actor
- Aris Spiliotopoulos – a greek politician
- Steve Atwater – an American football player
I have never heard of any of them!
List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.
- 1792 – John Smeaton – he was a civil engineer responsible for the design of bridges, canals, lighthouses and harbours including the Perth bridge.
- 1998 - Ted Hughes – a British poet that I had to study at school. He was also Poet Laureate and married to Sylvia Plath.
- 1989 – Henry Hall – he was a band leader who played for the troops during the second world war and had programmes on tv and the radio
List three notable events that took place on your birthday.
- 1918 – Czechoslovakia was granted independence from Austria and Hungry creating an independent Czechoslovak state
- 1929 Black Monday – part for the Wall Street Crash when major stock market upheaval occurred.
- 1971 Britain launches the the only British satellite to date launched but a British rocket into low earth orbit, the satellite Prospero.
Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday.
Prefectural Earthquake Disaster Prevention Day was set up on October 28th and is a holiday which is celebrated in the Gifu Prefecture, a region in central Japan. The Mino-Owari Earthquake hit this region on 28th October 1981 and is believed to be the largest earthquake that has ever occured with the epicentre in Japan. Earthquake Disaster Prevention Day now takes place on the 28th October in this region to help residents prepare for earthquakes.
Now I need to tag some of you to continue this Meme, which I found very interesting. I choose
- Brink of Bedlam @chaoskay
- White Lily Green @mummiafelice
- Red Rose Mummy @Redrosemummy
- Me And My Shadow @missielizzieb
Other posts you may be interested in: