Being a mum is a wonderful and difficult job which comes with many moments that you treasure.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching. Take advantage of the day and let your mum know how much she means to you. When my son was little he would come home from school with a hand made card. These cards always put a smile on my face and I still treasure these cards today. For a mum watching your child grow up and learn new skills is amazing. The process creates many memories and family moments to look back on and treasure. Some of these become family sayings and others are fond memories to look back on. Either way they become part of a living family history.
One of our family sayings was born when we first got our dog, Eddie. My son looked at Eddie and said, as if he was making a significant announcement, “Eddie, you’re a dog!” Our dog is now told this on a regular basis. Every family has sayings like this that come from these moments. These mum moments make parenthood special.
Mum Moments with Hotel Chocolat
I have many Mum Moments that I can look back on which make me smile. Mum Moments are moments when your child makes you feel so proud or you feel like a superhero for solving a problem. One of the moments that sticks in my mind most was the day my son got his new bed. He was ready to move out of his cot into a “big boy bed”. I came home from work just as it was delivered. My son was desperate to try it out and wanted it up in his room straight away. The only problem was the bed was flat pack. It was one of those cabin beds a bit like a bunk bed but with a play area underneath.
After dinner, my son insisted I put his bed together. He was really so excited about it. I was on my own as my husband was at a conference that evening and wouldn’t be back till later. Being brave I got out the screwdriver and gave it a try. If you have ever tried to put together a flat pack you will know that the instructions are never easy to follow. The diagrams never seem to relate to any of the pieces in the packet. After a couple of hours I was struggling but trying to persuade my son to go to bed was next to impossible. Finally four hours later the bed was together and my son went up the ladder and was asleep in seconds. Although I was tired I was happy that I had managed to build the bed and get it into the room. It was a real mum moment. Being a mum can be hard work but these moments make it all worth while.
Share your #MumMoments and win a Hotel Chocolat Mothers Day Box
If you read my blog regularly you will know I am a great lover of Hotel Chocolat. Their luxury chocolates are always a treat. The packaging is always gorgeous promising a lovely surprise within. The chocolates themselves look beautiful and they have a great range of flavours to suit every taste. The chocolates have a quirky and unique style which never fail to make me smile. Any mum would be glad to receive a box of Hotel Chocolat chocolate for Mother’s Day.
Recently Hotel Chocolat sent me their Mother’s Day Sleekster selection (RP £22.50) which is a gorgeous box containing 22 of Hotel Chocolat’s best-loved chocolates. Beautifully presented in a joyful yellow box this is a selection to delight any mum. My favourite is the Eton Mess but the selection has something for everyone. Inside the box are champagne truffles, carrot cake, billionaires shortbread and many more. It really is hard to just eat one and even harder to share.
I have one Mother’s Day Sleekster box to give away to my readers. If you would like to win this box for your mum (or yourself) all you need to do is to comment on the blog below and let me know one of your special #mummoments. It could be a special card your child has made, a moment when they have made your proud or a one of their big achievements. When you have done this come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget to let me know you have entered. This entry is mandatory, make sure you do comment on the blog. There are other entries available in the rafflecopter for subscribing by email, following on instagram and twitter, tweeting and visiting my facebook page. These are optional but do gain you extra entries. The closing date is the 16th March to enable delivery in time for Mother’s Day. Good luck
- There one prize of a selection of a Hotel Chocolate Mother’s Day Sleekster – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Hotel Chocolat
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm GMT on 16th March 2017
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook, tweet on twitter and subscribe by email.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Pop Works is responsible for prize fulfilment. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Hotel Chocolat.
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
This post is support by Hotel Chocolat