Today is Pancake Day and it is time to get out your frying pans and make some pancakes. I love traditional pancakes with lemon and sugar but I wanted to try something a little bit different. I have memories of travelling to America when I was little and being amazed at their breakfast dishes. The stacks of pancakes with lashings of syrup always amazed me and I used to love the fluffy blueberry pancakes.
Blueberries have only become common in the shops in recent years and this year I decided I would try and make them myself. I wasn’t sure if they would turn out as nice as the ones I remembered but I have to say I was very pleased with my effort.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 150g blueberries
- pinch salt
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk and the egg.
- Gently fold in the half the blueberries.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Pour in about a tablespoon of batter for each pancake. Cook for about three minutes until little bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook for about three minutes on the other side.
- Serve in a stack with the rest of the blueberries on top and golden syrup drizzled over.
Are you making pancakes for pancake day?
Disclosure: This is my entry for the Tots 100 Center Parcs’ Pancake Day Challenge.