I have been taking part in the Capricorn Challenge, where I was challenged to come up with recipes that used Capricorn Goats Cheese. I have to say I have been really enjoying the challenge and love the cheese, it is so versatile. One of the ingredients I got in the hamper was risotto rice. I like risotto but I must admit that it is not something that I have cooked on a regular basis. I have made it with risotto sauce before but never from scratch. I decided to take the goat by the horns, as it were and give it a go. This is my recipe for Pear and Goats Cheese Risotto, which might sound an odd combination but it is actually very tasty.
- 150 ml cider
- 1 onion
- 300 g risotto rice
- 1 pear, sliced
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 125g Capricorn Goats Cheese
- Add a little oil to a pan and add the onion. Cook gently until the onion is soft.
- Add the rice and stir, then add the cider.
- Stir gently until all the cider has been absorbed.
- Add the stock and simmer until the rice is cooked. It should absorb all the moisture.
- Add the slices of pear and crumble in the goats cheese and stir though.
I was very pleased with the final result. Before I added the Capricorn goats cheese the risotto was a little tart from the cider and the pears. The Capricorn goats cheese complemented it perfectly adding a lovely creamy taste which made it taste really nice. I was very pleased with how easy risotto is to make from scratch and this is definitely a recipe I will be trying again. The whole family enjoyed it, including my husband who is not a great lover of rice and pasta.
Disclosure: I was sent a hamper of food products to enable me to take part in the Capricorn Challenge
Other recipes you may be interested in: