Today I went out running, it was the first time in ages and it felt good. Whilst I am fairly fit, I walk miles every week, I find that exercise can really boost your morning and set you up for the day. I have struggled to run over the summer, I found my asthma was really bad. I suspect that this was due to the large amounts of long grass and wild flowers that appeared on every grass verge in the council area. They are doing their best to help bees by setting up these conservation areas. I am all in favour of helping bees and the wild flowers did look nice. However the large fields of long grass really upped the pollen count and I am sure it affected me.
Last week the council decided to cut the long grass, carefully mowing around the wild flowers. As a result I have been able to breathe more easily and was able to go out running today. It is exhilarating running as the sun rises, watching the foggy tendrils drift across the fields in the crisp morning air.
Even when I am not exercising I always try to eat a healthy diet. I cook most of my meals from scratch and try to include plenty of vegetables. When you work all day and come home at night tired, it can be difficult to pick up your pans and start cooking. I find meal planning is the key. I plan quick to make meals for week nights and often use my slow cooker so they are ready when I come in. I also make some meals at the weekends so I can just reheat them during the week. This stops me reaching for ready meals or throwing a pizza into the oven. I also try and pack my lunch which allows me to make tasty sandwich fillings like thai chicken sandwiches.
Healthy Eating Giveaway
Discount Supplements have recently launched a new healthy eating campaign and have offered me a bundle of healthy products to give away to one of my readers.
The bundle contains
- Bare Naked Rice
- Bare Naked Noodles
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Yogi Detox Tea
- Yogi Positive Energy Tea
- Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
It is a lovely bundle to help get you eating healthily. So how do you enter? Leave a comment below to let me know what you do to try and stay healthy. Do you have an exercise regime or a particular food you add to your diet? Just let me know. When you have done that come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget so your entry is registered. This entry is mandatory. You can get other entries by visiting my facebook page, following on twitter or tweeting about the giveaway but these are optional. Good luck!
- There is one prize of a healthy eating bundle – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Discount Supplements
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm BST on 23rd Oct 2015
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook and tweet on twitter
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Discount Supplements is responsible for prize fulfilment. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Discount Supplements
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions